Spending Accounts 2024
Healthcare Spending Accounts help you save pre-tax dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision out of pocket expenses. Another advantage of having a flexible spending account is that it can be used for yourself, your spouse, or any other eligible dependents, even if they are not covered by your health plan. There are three healthcare spending accounts that are designated tax-free through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for qualified health plans:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
You cannot be enrolled in both the FSA and HSA (HSA must be paired with a High Deductible Health Plan HSA1500), so it is important to evaluate the plans and decide which is best for you.
If you need a replacement card for FSA and DCFSA, please contact Flexible Benefit Administrators: 757-340-4567.
If you need a replacement card for HSA, please contact Health Equity: 866-346-5800.
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is administered by Flexible Benefit Administrators.
Access tutorials, calculators and helpful insights to guide you on your healthcare journey. Click here to learn about your FBA Benefits Card. Click here to view an Overview Slide Presentation. Click here to access the FBA website.
- Flexible Benefit Administrators (FBA) Overview Brochure
- Flexible Benefit Administrator (FBA) 2024 Employee Guide
- Access your information online (WealthCare Portal) Brochure
- FAQ: HealthCare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account Videos
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account Resources
- Healthcare eligibility list
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA) is administered by Flexible Benefit Administrators.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is for employees with qualifying childcare or dependent care expenses.
How To Submit a Dependent Care Claim
Click here to access Additional Forms and informational flyers for Dependent Care.
When registering on FBA's website, enter the Employer Code: FBANPS. Questions call FBA: 800-437-3539 or 757-340-4567
The Health Savings Accounts (HSA) is administered by Health Equity.
Health Savings Account (HSA) administered by Health Equity to those employees enrolled in the HSA 1600 health plan. An HSA is a tax-advantaged medical savings account that can be used for paying eligible medical, dental and vision expenses. For more information visit: www.healthequity.com or call 866-346-5800.
- List of Qualified Medical Expenses - This tool breaks down qualifying and non-qualifying expenses to help you discover the many uses for your HSA.
- HSA Payroll Deduction Form
- HSA Reimbursement Form
- HSA vs. FSA - This comparison shows a side by side comparison including account overview, contribution information and more.
- HSA Limits and Guidelines - This guide outlines deductible amounts, maximum out-of-pocket limits, contribution limits, and more.
Medicare Eligibility and Your HSA
- You cannot be covered by any other health plan that is not a qualified plan including spouse's insurance)
- You cannot be enrolled in any part of Medicare or Tricare
- You cannot have accessed VA medical plan benefits in the past 90 days
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return
As you approach Medicare eligibility at age 65, be aware of some important rules regarding Medicare and your health savings account (HSA). Learn more.