Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 2023
If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed anytime throughout the year, call GuidanceResources and Connect to Care: 1-844-266-0707 or access the direct link access to tools and resources from ComPsych GuidanceResources. Learn more about EAP by viewing this 2-minute overview video. Additional information can be found on this EAP Information brochure.
Employees have direct access to GuidanceResources - no login required. Click here for direct access.
(Connect to Care)
As a City employee, you receive five (5) free in-person or virtual sessions per issue per year for you and your immediate family. GuidanceResources provides support, resources, and information for personal and work-life issues and is available 24/7/365!
Call GuidanceResources and Connect to Care: 1-844-266-0707 or use the direct link access. Click here for direct access to connect to care virtually.
Trained master's level clinicians will listen to your concerns and quickly refer you to in-person counseling and other resources.Click here to view your scheduling options
ComPsych Guidance Resources provide support, resources, and information for personal and work-life issues. Select the Work/Life Services button using the direct access link here.
- Child and elder care
- Housing, college planning and more
- Financial planning
- Legal matters
Nearly 1 in 5 U.S. adults are working through some form of mental health/well-being crisis and many employees do not know where to go to get support. The following toolkits will provide you with resources, tips, and on-demand trainings.
- Mental Health Toolkit Resources (This year, as we continue to battle the COVID-19 outbreak, it is vital that we take a pause to assess our mental health and to help those around us who may need support).
- Mindfulness and Relaxation Toolkit Resources (Mindfulness is one of the most effective ways to respond to personal stress because it forces us to focus on the here and now rather than on worries about the future or regrets about the past).
Current Events & Hot Topics
The following resources are here to help:
THE COPING WITH STESS WEBINAR SERIES
Stress is the physical and emotional pressure, tension and strain people feel when they experience difficult and frustrating situations, whether big or small. Because stress is a natural reaction to such situations, it is impossible to avoid, but you don’t have to let it overwhelm you.
Stress can affect your mental and physical health. Learning to manage stress better can lead to improved heart health, mental health, sleep, and more. The Coping with Stress Webinar Series will provide you with strategies to better cope with stress:
- TOOLS TO HANDLE STRESS - Learn a new approach to understanding stress and how to keep it from becoming a problem. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- STRESS: A WAY OF LIFE OR A FACT OF LIFE - Stress affects everybody, but the effects don’t have to be damaging. Learn coping techniques that will help you harness the positive effects of stress. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.
- LAUGHTER, HUMOR AND PLAY TO REDUCE STRESS AND SOLVE PROBLEMS - You don’t have to be a professional comedian to use humor to lower stress levels. This training offers practical ways to incorporate humor and play into everyday situations. Access the recorded session here. Link to session slides.